Express Entry is the fastest and most popular pathway to permanent residence for immigrants seeking a new life in Canada.
Canada’s Express Entry draws for all programs resumed on 06 July 2022, after a hiatus of over 18 months (since December 2020).
Draws for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) and the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) were suspended since December 2020, while the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) draws were suspended in September 2021.
From 06 July 2022, qualified candidates will be invited to apply for permanent residency on the following programs:
A. Federal Skilled Worker program
B. Federal Skilled Trades program
C. Canadian Experience Class
WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE FOR EXPRESS ENTRY?
1. Candidates need to confirm they meet the criteria of at least one of the three above-listed Express Entry programs.
2. Candidates can then upload their Express Entry profile onto IRCC’s website.
3. Candidates receive a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score based on their age, education, language skills, and work experience.
4. Approximately every two weeks, IRCC invites the highest-scoring candidates to apply for permanent residence.
5. Those invited for permanent residence have 60 days to submit their applications to IRCC.
6. IRCC aims to process most applications within 6 months or less.
WHAT ARE ASSESSMENT PARAMETERS FOR THE CANADIAN COMPREHENSIVE RANKING SYSTEM?
To apply and be eligible for Canada PR under the popular route to Canada Express Entry System, the minimum points needed are 67 out of 100 to get a PR visa.
The assessment is based on the following parameters:
1. AGE (Maximum 12 points)
2. EDUCATION (Max 25 points)
3. EXPERIENCE (Max 15 points)
4. LANGUAGE SKILLS (Max 28 points)
5. ARRANGED EMPLOYMENT IN CANADA [LMIA approved ] (Max 10 points)
6. ADAPTABILITY (Max 10 points)